4.9.09

Waterproof?

Today I found out that my boots aren't really waterproof. The label said they were, and I (and by 'I', I mean my dad) sprayed them with a protective spray that I bought for my Rochester winters. Well, I wore my boots today, because it was cold and raining, and my toes were cold and wet. I probably should have figured that thy wouldn't suffice in the rain, but I was hopeful. Let's just hope that they will be "snowproof".

I set up a meeting for Monday with the new person that will act as my advisor, so I can get all of my student status issues resolved. Wish I would have caught this snafu sooner, but at least it's getting taken care of now! Also, with Anders help, my phone is working. Thank goodness! I feel connected to the world again. Keep your fingers crossed that this mishap will be my last 'blonde moment'...

Practicing and composing went really well today. My hands are feeling great. I just talked to Anders, and I'm really excited to dive into improv, and whatever else he can throw at me this week in Stockholm. When I wasn't practicing, I was either on my computer or sleeping. I have a little cough/cold (stinks, but I think it's just from adjusting to the area. Plus, the weather changes drastically from hour to hour! It's chilly when the sun is not out, then it's raining, then it's gorgeous...), so I felt a little drowsy from the meds I've been taking. On the computer, I've been searching for some income opportunities, whether through a job or funding. It still kills me that none of my grant applications were awarded, but there's nothing I can do now. I mean, I had to come! Right?  I do feel selfish for doing this when the economy is in the state that it is, but I just have to have faith that it will work out, and hope that the work I do here impacts someone else's life for the better.

-sigh-

I'm obviously staying in for the night. I have a lot of things I'd like to get done this weekend, so I may have some more exciting stories tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment