20.9.09

My sweet pad

Just a few pics of what my apartment looks like now!

This is what you see when you first walk in. My coat rack, filled with a lot of sweaters, jackets and hats! Did you know that you always remove your shoes when entering an apartment or house in Sweden? No matter what!



Directly to the right of the doorway is the tiny, but very functional, kitchen.



To help separate the kitchen and entry from the bathroom and main room, I hung some fun decorations that mom and I bought before I left. I know it's a little tacky, but it makes me smile!! To the right is the bathroom door where you see my index cards of Swedish words and phrases "of the day". :)



The bathroom is nicer now that I have a rug. I finally figured out how to take a shower without getting water all over the floor. It takes skill.



This is the main room. It's amazing that everything matches! The curtains are from Daniel and Arianna (they are hung by a piece of yarn!). The bed sheets are from Anders and Anne and the sheet to cover the couch is from mom and dad.  I bought the rug and the hanging lamp from a second hand store, and the maps at a store equivalent to a Walmart. I didn't tell anyone about a specific color scheme, it just kind of happened! For a small budget, I'm pretty happy with it!







This is my desk space and jewelry display. Notice that I hung my earrings on the CD rack. I thought it was pretty ingenious!
 

My place slowly starting to fill up and feel more "homey". I just want it to feel nice and cozy when winter comes!

1 comment:

  1. lovely apartment!! so nice to have so much space :) not here thought... :(
    have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete