28.9.09

Speeeeeeeech

Today I enlisted the help of Sarah to help me fix the welcome announcement that I’m going to recite in Swedish at the concert next week. I had written something down in English and then just used ‘google translate’ to turn it into Swedish. I knew there would be grammatical errors, so I needed some human assistance.

It ended up being a group effort to try and get the correct vocabulary and grammar. Evidentially ‘google translate’ isn’t that good, and at one point it translated my text into saying something like “I don’t like this and go away”. That would have been a great way to start a recital, huh?!

This is what we (they) came up with….

Hej! Välkomna till premiären av Percussion in Piteå Concert Series. Mitt namn är Maria Finkelmeier, jag är från Ohio i USA och jag ska studera här i Piteå i ett år. Jag ser fram emot att framföra den här konserten för er! Min Fortuity duo partner, är Kyle Fortshoff från Kentucky och han undervisar i Tyskland just nu. Vi har skapat denna konsert för att hedra den Scandinaviska kompositören Fredrik Andersson. Tack för att ni är här, och jag önskar att få se er på kommande konserter! Hoppas att ni få en trevlig musikupplevelse!

I’ll be practicing this just as much as I’ll be practicing the actual music. Wish me luck…haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment