17.9.09

Idol

Tonight, I was tired after a busy day and craved some reality television (guilty pleasure, I know) when I finally got home. However, without a TV it is hard to accommodate such needs! Since I only have my computer, You Tube has become my new source of entertainment. I've tried to watch episodes of my favorite shows on abc.com, or a similar network, but they don’t allow access to the programs from other countries! LAME!


I watched clips of the MTV Video Music Awards, and finally saw why everyone thinks Kanye is such a jerk (although I think he’s more sad and pathetic than anything). I sifted through a few clips of Ellen’s show, laughed through all of the Improv Everywhere videos, and even got caught up on America’s Got Talent (why the heck did Kevin Skinner win?!?! Evidentially, America wouldn't know what talent is if it hit them in the face…and don’t even get me started on Recycled Percussion!)

Since my American reality shows were letting me down, I decided to search for some TV shows in Swedish. I haven’t been studying on my own this week, so my vocabulary isn’t increasing like it should be. I thought it would be fun to see if I could pick up anything from the videos. While browsing through a lot of weird stuff, I stumbled upon Swedish Idol 2009! I watched most of the videos posted, and thought this guy was pretty good (plus, the judges crack me up):


I have no idea what anyone is saying.





Now, I’m actually going to bed before midnight! God natt!

2 comments:

  1. Learning new language is so difficult!!! I am still so bad... hope I will make some improvement though...

    Good luck! Sounds like you are doing great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out Graboid.com It is $4.99 a month but you can download current shows and movies and all kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete