8.9.09

Dollar Store!!!?!?!

Piteå has a DOLLAR STORE. Not kidding. I went there today with my new friend, Lisa. It was actually quite a large store, and no, not everything was a dollar. Actually, nothing was a dollar. Prices ranged from 10-50 SEK ($1.40-$7.10). They had a little bit of everything, but all I purchased was a light bulb for my new light!


Lisa also showed me Piteå’s Red Cross store (like a Salvation Army or Goodwill). I really wish I would have known this place existed earlier, but I didn’t even know this part of town existed until today. I’ll definitely be frequenting this part of town, now! I got a new funky hanging light and rug for my room for about 10 bucks…that’s more my style!

The whole day was wonderful, and lunch with Linda was great! She pretty much told me everything thing I need to know about the school. I know all about the student union building and the people that run it (and found the microwaves, which will be handy considering I don’t have one!). She helped me get a library card, and then showed me how to use the printers and copy machines. She introduced me to some new people (including Lisa) while we pretty much toured the entire school…she really is great!

We also chatted about the Accelerator program that they just started here. It’s a group of individuals who assist students in bringing their ideas for projects and events to life by utilizing each department of the school. It’s right up my alley and my head is swimming with even more ideas for recitals and performances for the future. I plan on visiting the office on Monday!

Now, I’m packing to head down to Stockholm tomorrow. I’m so excited! I can’t wait to start lessons with Anders, and enjoy the city for a bit. I’m not taking my computer, so I won’t be writing until Friday. I’m sure that I’ll have plenty to say by then…so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment