20.9.09

A berry nice Sunday!

I had the most incredible day! During the party last night, Martina, Sofia, and I decided that we would go hiking today. The trail that I ran on earlier this week has many other paths that are fun to explore. We decided to meet up around noon.

I got up early to do some laundry, which definitely needed to be done, and then met the girls at 12:30. The trail we hiked/walked was called Pig Mountain, which is just weird and random.

We decided to pick some blueberries and lingonberries on our escapade. It’s crazy to me that you can just pick berries anywhere and they are edible and delicious! You can eat them right off the ground if you’d like, and we collected a ton to do some baking.

After we finished exploring we went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for the pie, and for lunch. Martina knew of a different grocery store (called ICA) than the big one in town that is cheaper than the tiny store across the street. It’s only a 5 minute walk! Sofia and I were excited to discover a new store so close.

We went back to Martina’s (because her place is so nice! Her mom was visiting this week and they decorated it together. I will be spending a lot of time there!) to cook lunch and the pie. Sofia made a mushroom, broccoli, onion, pasta dish that was incredible! Martina washed and picked the stems off the berries, while I made the crust. It was the most delicious meal ever!!! Seriously, I wish that I could send everyone in the states a piece of our pie…..mmmmmmmm!! The three of us decided that we are going to try to do something new, fun, and active every Sunday. Here's a little video of the berry filled day:



I spent the rest of the afternoon (what little was left of it) getting some work done. Then, I got a text message from Linda asking me to have some tea. She is so nice! I went over to her place and we chatted for about an hour catching up on everything that has happened this week. She is going to Stockholm tomorrow to do some recording for a composer, and will start student teaching soon. We also compared her experiences while studying at Berklee last year with the craziness that has occurred in my life the past couple of weeks. The similarities were astounding! It’s nice to have friends that understand how I’m feeling. Next weekend we decided that we are going to plan a big outing into town one of the nights! It should be fun!

I feel so lucky to have met these girls! Tomorrow my goal is to go to the Kåren for lunch. Most students either buy lunch there, or bring it from home (which is what I will do). I haven’t gone yet, because I was intimidated. I didn’t think I would recognize anyone to eat with so I’ve been coming home for lunch. I think that I know enough people now to feel confident enough! We’ll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment