19.10.09

Trevlig helg

I’m really tired, and want to start the week off with a good amount of sleep, so I will (try) to make this update short and sweet!

I had a blast this weekend! Friday night was the first time my barlåg (bartending team) had to work for a party at the Kåren. We were all really nervous, but the night went so smoothly! We had to arrive at 9pm to start preparing everything; loading the refrigerator with bottles, preparing the bar, arranging the space, and figuring out how to make the drinks. Along with beer, cider, Smirnoff, and wine, there were about 10 mixed drinks that we sold, one was called “Gloria” and was the drink of the night.

Although my Swedish is getting better day by day, I knew that it would be tough to understand everyone, which made me a little uneasy. Plus, there was a live band playing, so we all had earplugs in to save our hearing. But...luckily, I didn’t have one problem! If I couldn’t understand someone, I just started to speak English, and they would get the hint. Since all of the attendees (there were about 160 people there) were students, everyone was super cool. I ended up meeting a lot of new people because of it, too!

I think the best part was sharing the experience with Sara, Astrid, Martina, David and Jonas (plus Johan and Sofia were the DJs). They are all really fun people…remember when I met them at the very beginning (see "Go Bucks" enrty from Sept.2)? Isn’t it funny how life works out? Who knew that the people that I randomly met would turn out to be such great friends?!


getting organized before the craziness begins!

we decided to all wear red...so my OSU shirt was perfect!

The team! David, Astrid, Sara, Martina, Jonas

The awesome DJs!

Saturday ended up being an only mildly productive day. We didn’t get done at the bar until 3:30am (we had a lot of cleaning to do), and so I slept a lot! In the evenng, I ended up having dinner with Martina, Sara, and Sanna at the pizzeria that is next to the mini-Coop. My first pizza in Sweden!! (There are pizza places everywhere!) It was actually quite good, but it doesn’t take much to please me when it comes to pizza!

Although we didn’t have anything planned, it ended up being a really funny night. Since we are lazy/broke we didn’t want to go into town, so ended up hanging at Martina’s for awhile. It was nice to get to know her and Sara even more over a few glasses of wine…but we were determined to find party! We called everyone we would think of, and finally convinced Johan to have people over. Then, we wondered over to another gathering, and I didn’t know anyone else there! It was fun to chat with some new people, and what I love about Sweden is that “partying” often means a big group of friends hang out and sit on floor talking. I had a lot of deep conversations with people, plus met a few new, hysterical friends and neighbors.

However, it was a late night once again, so today I was determined to get more done. I cleaned my apartment, did some work, went to a rehearsal, and then went to Swedish class....OH! and some bad news...I dropped my camera (I am such a clumsy person!), so it's not working. I'm really bummed and hope I can get it fxed somehow...

This entry was not as short and sweet at all, and I need to go to bed now!! I feel really great, and will be refreshed tomorrow. I’m going to start composing a new piece, and plan for recording/teaching/performing!

1 comment:

  1. No matter where you live... we will be always a buckeye ;) hehehe :D
    Good luck with more projects!!!

    ReplyDelete