6.10.09

cough cough!

I shouldn't really be writing, because I should be in bed! It's been a busy couple of days trying to play hostess, organize rehearsals, practice my music, and attend to the logistics of the concert. Plus, because of the major temperature drop and my lack of sleep the past week, I've come down with a nasty head cold...just my luck!

I wouldn't have it any other way (being busy, that is...I could do without the sore throat!). I took Kyle into town this morning and bought some ingredients to make cookies. I want to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for everyone who has helped me the past month. So, I looked up a recipe online and converted all the measurements to deciliters, and looked up all the proper words for the ingredients. However, I could not find canned pumpkin anywhere. We searched the entire store (which is like a Kroger Marketplace in Ohio), and all I came up with was some pumpkin bread mix. My thought is to substitute the regular flour with the bread mix (it's mostly flour anyways!), not add the yeast, then add all the rest of the cookie ingredients. They may turn out awful, but this will be my only chance to have something pumpkin! And it's not fall without it! (They don't even have pumpkin pie here!!!!!!!)

We rehearsed all afternoon, and then after dinner my friend, Matilda, interviewed me and another international student on the student run radio station! We chatted about the cultural differences between the States, Germany, and Sweden. It was a lot of fun, and really interesting to see a real broadcasting studio. I should get a CD of the session...but I will only let a special few listen to it!





I spent the evening making some edits to Hittade. Daniel and I discussed some changes after rehearsal today. He had some great insight, and I was so appreciative to his feedback. He said that he liked my ideas, but they go by too fast! I agreed, so I put in some repeats, and extended a few passages.

Now that I have written way more than I intended, I really need to go to bed! God Natt!

1 comment:

  1. You'd better be sleeping! I am about to head that way...
    Such a cool studio! I was totally excited when I got to record for Montana Public Radio. Weird timing - I had my first pumpkin chocolate chip cookie EVER today. I must say, it won't be my last!

    I was bored watching Colbert after work, and Sweden was mentioned! And, this is why... http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/09/24/Nurse-burned-when-hand-gel-ignites/UPI-81601253805464/

    Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete