25.10.09

Fall Back

Today we set our clocks back an hour. It was good for me, because of the long weekend, and emotional week in general…the extra hour of sleep really helped! But, it also reminded me that the darkness is coming! Ah!

It was a horribly gloomy day, and I didn’t leave my apartment until 7:30pm to go take my Swedish language test. (whoops! I wasn't really being that lazy, I got a lot of work done...and watched Grey's Anatomy from this week...hehe)

The test went really well! We had to dictate sentences after Helena recited them (out of 10 sentences there were about 3 words that I couldn’t understand. I can’t wait until she reads my test…haha). We had some fill in the black sections, and we had a section where we needed to choose the correct verb tense. The final portion of the exam was writing a paragraph about ourselves. Mine went something like this:

Jag heter Maria. Jag född i Ohio, bodd i New York och flyttade i Piteå, Sverige för två månader sedan. Jag studera slagverk på musichögskolan. Min lärare är Anders Åstrand. Jag talar engleska och lite spanska och svenska. I november ska åka jag till Paris läsa musik med vänner från Amerika. När är studera inte, jag tycker om att skratta, leka, och köpa nya saker på Piteå rödakorskrets.

I’m having fun learning the language, and can actually read some of my friend’s status messages on Facebook! (I’ve convinced myself that this is a teaching tool, and therefore it is ok that I spend such an insane amount of time on it!!) I still sound weird when I try to speak, but my main goal at this point is to be able to impress the family with a few sentences over Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. putting clock hour back... is good and bad all at same! I loved the morning too... much much needed. but pitch darkness around 5... NOT OK! lol It will get worth next week too... but I still love the morning, that I can wake up with the sun ;) well it will change soon...

    Good job with your new language!! I need to get on to that too.... i have been so bad about 'french'... someday... i will get it... lol

    Bonne semaine!<3

    ReplyDelete