15.10.09

Personal Paparazzi

Today was a great, busy day! It began with a rehearsal with a chamber group, followed by some practicing. Then, I watched the dress rehearsal for a operetta that Daniel is playing in. It was the craziest production I have ever seen. It was all in Swedish, and I had no idea, not even a small clue, of what was going on. The costumes and set was crazy (it was just a sextet of singers, and a small 10 piece orchestra), and the music was modern, but with a comic twist. Regardless, the musicians were talented, and it was an artistic way to spend two hours! After the show, Daniel and I sat down to plan the upcoming months, and just chatted about music and life. He's a great resource, and awesome to bounce ideas off of. We decided to record Hittade at the end of the month, and talked about other pieces I/we can record for our debut albums! :)

After some more practicing, I came home for dinner, and some studying. Louise stopped by before Swedish class to practice. We tried to make each other only communicate in Swedish, but it only lasted about 5 minutes. We'll get there...eventually! Swedish class was fun, as usual! Helena is a good teacher...she's patient, but tough. Plus, since she's our age, we have a lot of fun. I got home from class around 10, and Martina came over to upload the pictures she took from the recital last week. They are amazing!! She is such a fabulous photographer! I couldn't thank her enough, I sure am lucky to have such talented friends! (especially ones that are willing to be my paarazzi!)

Here are some of my favs from the Percussion in Piteå concert on October 7













1 comment: