3.10.09

crunch time!

Today was all about the music, and it’s going to be great to hear the pieces progress from now until Wednesday. This is my first experience planning a recital, then putting it together in just a few days…definitely more of a “real world” experience.

It’s always nerve wracking going to a first rehearsal with people that I’ve never really played with before. I am always worried about personalities meshing, and making sure everyone’s ideas are being heard and taken into consideration. Kyle, Daniel, and I are all very different people, but I think that the collaboration is fun for all of us. We rehearsed Pebble Playing in Pot first, which is definitely the most difficult on the program. I wasn’t the happiest with the accuracy on my part, but that only means there is room to grow :)

Then we rehearsed Hittade. It was so exciting to hear all the parts come together. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself! I can’t wait to get feedback, both positive and constructive. I think I’ll be doing a lot more composing while I’m here…

We ended with imagine there was nothing, the trio by Andersson. I did not enjoy practicing this piece at all, and Daniel agreed. But, hearing the parts come together with all the correct timbres and (mostly) all the right notes changed my opinion. It’s oddly beautiful, and I hope the audience thinks so too.

Tomorrow we’re going to start with the Andersson duo, then work on Pebble some more. I’m glad that most of the logistics are done, because it’s crunch time and it's all about making the music stellar!

No comments:

Post a Comment