17.1.10

Whoopsies!

Is it Sunday already? I guess it’s harder to get back in the habit of writing than I thought! I’ve been busy getting reacclimated with Piteå, fighting the jet-lag, reuniting with friends, practicing/composing, and just being happy! Sharing my daily experiences just doesn’t seem as exciting anymore now that I am more comfortable with Sweden…and Sweden is more comfortable with me. :) 

I’ve only been back 5 days, but I sure have been busy…that is, if my active social life counts as being ‘busy’. On Friday night I filled in for one of my friends who is sick and bartended at the “Gott Nytt År” party at Kåren. It started out being a ton of fun. I was happy to make drinks and chat with everyone…but we were sooooo busy! Most of the students were there and in the mood to really party…I’ve never had to rush around so much. Along with everything else, I had to clean up 3 broken glasses/spilled drinks, and one of the girls had to clean up some puke in the ladies room (YUCK!). The register broke down twice, and we were making so much money so fast that it was overflowing.

We finished cleaning at about 3:30am, and I can’t even describe how exhausted we all were! Needless to say, I slept in on Saturday.

Luckily, Lou woke me up at a reasonable hour on Saturday, and I went into town to meet her for lunch and run errands. I finally got toilet paper. I’ve been using paper towels for a few days. Haha. Too much information…I know…but I think it’s funny.

Last night I wanted to hang out with people, but not drink (I’m on a health kick!). Lou and I went to a little pre-party at a friend’s apartment…then her, Astrid, and I decided to soberly check out the new SPORTS BAR (called Challenge) that just opened here! Can you believe it? A new/normal place to hang out in Piteå!??!?!?! No way!!!!

The whole town must be excited…because I’m pretty sure everyone (from young to old, short to tall, loud to quiet, rich to poor, big to small….literally everyone) was there. It was a great Swedish cultural experience to say the least! The front of the bar is large, open space that is more of a restaurant/pub with a large bar and a ton of TVs. Then, as you head towards the back you pass another bar, an area with pool tables and a dart board (yay!), and then in the very back is a posh looking night club. It definitely caters to everyone! It was fun hanging out with Astrid and Lou chatting, laughing, and people watching! Great night.

Today I practiced all afternoon. I finished writing a piece that I’ve been thinking about for weeks. More details soon. Anders is coming up next week, so I am going to go to bed early, so I can wake up before 10am…and actually have a productive morning! Can’t sleep in and blame fatigue on the traveling anymore…breaks over! Back to productive mode…and I’m weirdly excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment