19.1.10

The Hangover

...is such a funny movie! I was so excited to get the DVD for Christmas (haha, I know it’s a little pathetic), and I was even more excited to watch it tonight with Lou, Anna, Thomas and Emma! After a really long day, Anna and I went over to Thomas and Emma’s (the family Lou is an au pair for) and had a scrumptious dinner followed by a lot of laughs during the movie.

The last time we tried to watch a movie over there, it stopped half way through because it was a copy with a lot of scratches. When Thomas put the DVD in tonight, it wouldn’t play in the PS3 because it’s an American DVD! I almost cried! Then, he hooked up their old DVD player, and as soon as it loaded up it began to skip! I said that if we couldn’t get it to work I would walk home (which is not a good idea!). Thomas checked the DVD and there was a tiny hair on it…I’m assuming it was a Chihuahua hair from Marilyn’s roommate’s dog. Once the disk was clean, it was all good...thank goodness!

The relaxing and entertaining evening was needed after a long day. I woke up early to get work done, and then went over to Diana’s (the new American exchange student) to wake her up. She came over for breakfast and used my computer to check her email and write to her parents. We headed up to school to meet up with Anna and some others, have some lunch at Kåren, and tour the school.

At 1pm I dropped her off with Micke so she could get all the logistics of her studying squared away. Tomorrow morning we’re taking her to the Red Cross and Dollar Store to help her get more settled. The airline still hasn’t found her luggage…can you imagine?! Good thing I’m a pro at Red Cross store shopping :-)

From 1-6pm I had an amazing practice session. I’m diving into some new music and writing some more…hope the momentum continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment