28.1.10

Preggers

Today was filled with a lot of laughs! I decided to relax this morning, since I had such an intense day yesterday. I woke up at 8am to Skype with Phil (the American that was here last semester. He is writing a piece for Lisa and I, so we chatted about it amongst other things) I was going to go to into school to practice when we were done talking. However, since I haven't been sleeping much and was so mentally and emotionally exhausted from yesterday, I decided to go back to bed.

I was really, really glad I took the morning off, because by the time I had to interact with other people, I was actually in a good mood! I finally got to school (to Kåren) around 1pm to meet with the sound engineer guys that are going to help me with a recording next week. They, as usual, were a big help and are just nice guys all around. I also spent time with Sara and Sofia. I haven’t been able to hang out with them much the past two weeks, so it was nice to chill with them for a bit…even if we were all doing work/studying separately…it was just nice to be surrounded by good people!

I had a rehearsal, and practiced in the afternoon. Around 4:30 I went back to Kåren to meet Anna for fika. We chatted for a long time! I met one of her friends, Johannes, and I mentioned that I need to start diving into the Swedish language again. I have to take a test on Sunday (I missed it since I left for Christmas early), and I have forgotten so much! They decided to teach me some very useful new phrases…and we were laughing hysterically for a good hour. I’m going to try these out on the locals when we go out this weekend and see how many friends I can make!

Du ser gravid ut, tjocksmock. – You look pregnant, fatty.

Jag älskar bananer! – I love bananas!

Jag har myror I brallan. – I have ants in my pants.

Vill du köpa exotiska frukter? Jag har importerat dem själv. – Want to buy this exotic fruit? I imported it myself.

Har du gätt upp i vikt? – Have you gained weight?

Jag är gangster från Rinkeby. – I am a gangster from Rinkeby.

Ditt ansikte ser ut som en ost. – Your face looks like cheese

Jag vill köpa ditt skägg. – I want to buy your beard.

I spent the rest of the evening telling all the guys that I ran into that they looked pregnant. It was amusing :-) I also played in an orchestra concert tonight…first one of my Piteå career! I killed the bass drum and cymbal part to Stravinsky’s Suite No. 1 & 2. They also played Greig’s Piano Concerto in A minor. The soloist was incredible and quite inspiring! Don’t worry…I didn’t tell him he looks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment