25.1.10

Night Owl

I am no longer a morning person. For some reason I just can’t get out of bed before 9am! It’s a bummer because I used to really like mornings…I’d have my bowl of cereal and catch up with the world events via The Today Show (or Good Morning America, depending on which appealed to me more at the time), go to the gym, prep for the day, and be at class or practicing by 8 or 9am. Now, getting to school by 10:30 is an accomplishment. So sad…thanks for the laziness, Sweden!

Because I no longer wake up at the crack of dawn, I have been staying up way past a healthy bedtime. I blame it on Lou and Anna and my Swedish social life. The weekend was a ton of fun, but I was never sleeping before 3 or 4am (last night included…just because I became addicted to the TV show Glee and decided that watching a handful of episodes online was more important than my beauty rest! Haha)

Quick summary of the weekend:
Friday night: Lou and I went to a concert at school (the music of  'Thin Lizzy'…I love that there are random rock/studio musician concerts every week!) Then we met up with Anna to head out to Challenge (the cool new hang in Piteå!). We had a fun night of chatting and laughing with tons of people from school…it really is like an American bar. So, this makes me happy.

Saturday: Slept in, went to the grocery store with the girls, led a tough workout, sauna, then Anna made the most amazing dinner (falafel and Swedish chocolate coconut balls! Yum!)  I decided to stay in that night and chill by myself…good thing I did! There was a family get together for my dad's side in Indianapolis (we all weren’t able to visit over the holidays), and they Skyped me! I saw about 20 relatives that I haven’t seen or chatted with in a long time! It really made me smile and feel loved! :)
Sunday: Went to an orchestra rehearsal and practiced all day, then watched Glee all night. Lame…I know!
Luckily my schedule will be picking up starting tomorrow. February and March are really busy with projects and concerts (Midvinter Festival, my recital, SMASK….more on each as they approach), so the rehearsals will consume a lot of time. Tomorrow I have a rehearsal in the morning and then Anders is coming to town for lessons! Should be a great day…so I’m forcing myself to log off facebook now and go to bed! Maybe as the days get longer again I’ll get back to my ‘morning person’ status…maybe! I have a feeling that being a ‘night owl’ thing won’t go away to quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment