2.11.09

Phone calls

My to-do list is really long for this week. What’s unfortunate is that I don’t have any outside deadlines bearing down on any of the tasks…everything needs to be self propelled. When I began my day, I did feel motivated (unlike over the weekend!); I just couldn’t decide what to do first! Luckily, I received two impeccably timed phone calls that helped me make some decisions!


The major activities that were to consume my day were a trip into town, a long session in the practice room, and some intimate planning and brainstorming time with my laptop. I just needed to decide what to do first: go to town, go to school, or stay at my apartment.

Around 9:30am, I decided that staying in my apartment would be a bad idea, because I needed to get outside and get my body moving. So, I headed out the door without knowing if I was going to go to school or into town. I figured I would just start walking and get somewhere…eventually.

Then, Lou called! She was going into town to do her family’s weekly shopping at the ICA and said that she could drive me home if I wanted to do my grocery shopping too (isn’t she the best!?) Decision made! I passed by school and headed into town. I made a quick stop by the Medborgarskolan to visit Sven-Åke and to see if any students have signed up for my classes. Then, I went to the electronics store to buy a webcam (I miss seeing my parents when we Skype!), and made it to ICA just in time to meet Lou and get my groceries.

I picked up all my normal items…milk, OJ, bread, musli, lots of fruit and veggies, along with some couscous and curry sauce for something different. It was nice to chat with Lou and see Lisa (haven’t see her in awhile, and she’s still cute as can be!)! I’m convinced I will able to say my name by the time I leave!

Lou drove me home, and I decided to try and install my webcam. The guys at the electronics store promised it was a plug-in and use kind of thing…but nothing is ever easy when it comes to me and electronics. I ended up fighting with my computer for a really long time. I finally got it figured out, but was frustrated and tired…thinking about taking a nap…unmotivated to go to school…and then…

Anders called! He and his family are back from Tokyo and it sounds like they had a great time. I can’t wait to hear about it in person. He was just touching base, and we talked about the trip to Stockholm and Paris that is happening at the end of the month. Chatting with him gave me the energy to close my computer and head off to school.

I got a lot done in the practice room; I’m starting to memorize the concerto for December and worked on some technique stuff. Daniel and I chatted, I’m sub-ing for him in Neo next week, and I’m actually really excited about it. A paying gig! Wooho! I needed to do some composing, but by 6:30 I was hungry. And, hunger trumps the need to compose :)

I made a very yummy dinner…chicken, veggies, couscous in Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce! A little taste of home is always a good thing! I’ve spent the rest of the evening working at my computer. I’m helping a friend with some English grammar in writing, trying to plan some outreach ideas I have for high schools when I’m home in December (although I should have contacted them a long time ago, so we’ll see what happens), and writing random emails along with this silly blog. hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment