11.11.09

ä å ö

I probably shouldn't post this, but I am going to anyway…Disclaimer: the following video contains American swear words. Don't worry dad, even if they don't mean anything in Swedish I don't use them when I'm practicing the language. :)

I found this video posted by the Hairy Swede:  http://welcometosweden.blogspot.com/  This blog is really entertaining. I started following it over the summer before I moved here. There are a few entries about what to expect as a ‘newbie’ that were really helpful. It’s much more insightful and comical that my daily anecdotes!

I watched this video right when I got back from my Swedish class this evening. Tonight we began applying indefinite and definite forms (both singular and plural) of En and Ett words. Just like the guy in the video says, there are no grammar rules! You just have to know it! It’s so silly! Why did I pick a country with such a hard language?!

So, if you’re looking for a good laugh, and won’t be offended by some American profanity…Enjoy…

3 comments:

  1. Hah! It's like German on L.S.D., transcribed by blonde elves in the arctic circle. Um, no grammar is the bane of my existence. Lots of grammar, like latin = happy Erin.

    P.S. "Lustig," as in the last name of the dude, means fun-loving in German.

    word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S. Freerice.com. Go there. Do it. (lots of subjects to subject yourself to!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha lol
    I had similar blog plast last year! lol
    French... e, é, è, ê (http://kmflute.blogspot.com/2008/09/e.html) still not mastering though ;)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete