17.11.09

Jammin'

This morning I had a funny email in my inbox. It was from Sven-Åke, who is in charge of the music classes at Medbörgarskolan. Remember how I was hired there when I first got here to create the Junk Jammers class? Well, we’ve had a hard time getting enough people signed up because of the cost. So, the email this morning said “get your butt down here, we have some news”.


Fortunately, I was planning on going into town anyway to pick up a package sent from mom and dad. The package was filled with food, or course! Pumpkin pie mix, goldfish crackers, peanut butter, a smushed/exploded bag of Chex Mix, hot chocolate, tea bags, and Easy-Mac (although I don’t have a microwave, so I have no idea what I’m going to do with that! It’ll just be regular-amount-of-preparation-Mac!)

When I stopped in to Medbörgarskolan we first had coffee, of course. Then Sven-Åke told me that he figured out a way to offer the class FOR FREE!! I will still get paid (a smaller amount, but it’s better than nothing), but the students won’t have to pay. We are going to start the course on February 1, and hopefully do about 6 sessions a week. Teaching + good people + paycheck = happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment