1.2.10

Sunday Whubbles

I spent a lot of time with some great gals this weekend. Friday night we decided to have an official "girl's night out". Anna, Lou, Hilma, and I started off at Anna's for dinner and to get all dolled up. We splurged  for a cab (it was snowing, and we really didn't want to freeze in our heels during the 30 minute walk to town!) and met Venla, Nathelie, Lisa, and Anna at Challenge. We had a great time just sitting around and chatting, dancing, and having some very interesting conversations with some locals. It's nice to have some great girls to go out with and have fun!

pretty ladies!
Lisa and Venla
Anna S. and Hilma
Anna and Me!

We went back to Anna's after the night out and had an innocent little girlie sleepover! We were pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Minus the alcohol in our system and some racier conversation, it was just like we were 15...munching on chips and salsa, talking about boys, watching silly TV shows, and sleeping on the floor. In the morning we continued to be lazy and goofy until I had to leave for a rehearsal with the salsa band at 3pm.
The rehearsal was fun because we are feeling more comfortable around each other and having fun with the music. I've been getting to know the singer of the group, Mirjana, a lot better lately and ended up having dinner with her and her boyfriend that evening!

The dinner was wonderful! Great conversation, great people. But then…a tragedy occurred...the zipper on my left boot broke! Oh no! Mira is so nice though, and is letting me borrow a pair of hers until I can either get mine fixed or buy a new pair (hummm....may have to use this as an excuse to go shopping!).

After the meal Mira, myself, and a girl named Eleonora went over to a friend's apartment for a "living room concert". I can't really describe the show, besides saying it was amazing! My friends Lisa and Rasmus were 2 of the 4 in the group...and I had no idea that the music, "elekroakustik pop", would be so unique and catchy. Check out their myspace page: SO.SO. very cool!
This morning I had to wake up early to study for my Swedish exam! I went to Helena's at 11am to take the test that I missed back in December when I left for home. Helena has a great apartment in town and after I took the test we had lunch and chatted for another 2 hours! She is originally from Lithuania and knows 6 languages. This was the first time we had the chance to get to know each other outside of school, and I hope that we get to hang out again...I'll have to invite her to the next girl's night!

I spent the afternoon at school practicing, and ran into Anna (of course!) We sat in the foajé and made fun of my yellow coat and huge, red gloves that say "Ohio State". Then we got out our planners to compare schedules for the week...it's so nice to have someone to count on and plan silly daily activities with! She also came over tonight for tea and a chat. I told her to bring over some work, because it's nice to just have someone around while studying/doing work. We had a lot of laughs, and got a lot done too! It's just like having a roomie!

While chatting, she taught me about the "Sunday Whubbles"...which is evidentially the uneasy feeling you get on Sunday nights when you're planning out the week ahead. I like that I'm busier now than when I first got here, and now that I'm trying to decide what to do next, I definitely am suffering from some uneasy feelings! So...here's the Sunday Whubbles and another week in Piteå!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment