16.2.10

glowing

Tonight the sky was glowing with the Northern Lights, and I am glowing because I am the happiest that I have been in a very long time!

The whole visit to Stockholm was perfect. Anders and I worked everyday in the studio on some new repertoire, one of my new pieces, and some improvisation. After each lesson my head was always spinning, and makes me just want to keep playing every minute of every day!!

We also spent a lot of time planning the new percussion program that he is starting in Piteå. I will dedicate an entry to explaining what is going on...one of these days! When we weren't playing or talking about percussion, I spent time with the rest of the Åstrands (Anne, Emma, and Tove). On Saturday night Tove made a big dinner for Valentine's Day that was so lovely! The entire trip was just perfect...time to sleep and relax, practice, learn!, work, plan, laugh, and chat. :-) Here are a few photos from the trip...

my super cute room at the Vasa Hotel! it even had a small TV...which excites a girl that is TV deprived!

View from my room

Anne and I at a pub having a drink!

Tove's wonderfully made and presented dinner!

Yummy Valentine's Day cake!!

Anne and Anders

My flight left Arlanda at 8:15 this morning, and I arrived in Luleå around 9:45 (they served us breakfast on the flight, which I thought was crazy since it was such a short flight...plus she had to wake me up to serve me! haha, but I am not one to turn down free food!). Anna and Lou arrived shortly after to pick me up and then to roam around Luleå for a bit. Anna had to get her computer looked at, and then, on a whim, I decided to get my hair cut! We found a nice looking salon, and they were able to take me right away. The girl who cut my hair was really sweet, and loved speaking English. She spent a ton of time cutting and styling it, and it was a really fun afternoon!

eating lunch with the messy baby!
chopped up and curly hair!

love these two!

We arrived back in Piteå around three, and I immediately took a long nap (I forgot that an 8:15am flight equals a 6am wake up call!), followed by a long practice session at school. As I was leaving (around 9:30pm), I ran into my organ playing friends Nick and Johanna...they told me that you could see the Northern Lights outside!!!!! I ran to the door, and they were right. The sky was lit up with green streaks. It was incredible.

my camera didn't capture it very well...but this will have to do!

After this amazing weekend, and fun day, and funny Skype session with mom and dad, I feel like I have to pinch myself. I have no idea what I did to deserve such a rewarding, unpredictable, exciting, and full life. For the first time, I feel happy with my musical abilities and confident that one day all of this "searching" will pay off...no matter what path I take next, these memories are incredible.

I got a little emotional when I say the sky tonight. How did I get here? What is next? I realize that I'm not supposed to know the answers to these questions, and am going to try my hardest to just live each day to its absolute fullest...as cliché as it sounds...its 100% true.

No comments:

Post a Comment