13.2.10

Learning and relaxing

I’m sitting in my room, watching “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” (with Swedish subtitles, of course) and am feeling great after the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. I arrived in Stockholm yesterday afternoon ready to work with Anders hang in the city. Traveling here is getting way to easy! I’m still amused by the fact that I don’t even get a boarding ticket at the airport, and that they just use my fingerprint when checking in and boarding…it’s the simple things that entertain me!

I arrived at around 4pm and spent a few hours in the studio working with Anders. We worked on a piece of his that I’m playing on my recital in a few weeks, and improvised for a long time. I then requested some drumset instruction, because I’m still working on becoming a groovier person, in general. He gave me a lot of ideas on what to work on, and it was a lot of fun.

After the lesson we went to the apartment for dinner with Anne and Emma. Meatballs and lingonberry jam! Woohoo! It was great to see them again and catch up on the last few months. We also watched an episode of “Let’s Dance” with is like America’s “Dancing with the Stars”.

I decided to head back to my hotel around 10:30pm so I could enjoy the miniature TV that was in my room. The place I’m staying is really cute; it’s a bed&breakfast meets a hostel. Everything is very old-fashioned looking and antique. I have my own room, with shared bathrooms. It’s perfect! I watched the movie “Anchorman” with Swedish subtitles, so learned some very useful words and phrases. Haha. The opening ceremonies of the Olympics were to air at 3am, and I thought about staying up for to see it. But, I dosed off at around 1am and slept until 9:30am. It felt to sleep in and not set an alarm.

Now, I’ll head over to the studio to practice for a bit before meeting with Anders this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment