13.6.10

Prom in Piteå

I've taken another hiatus from blogging, so I'm going to catch up in a hurry! The past month has flown by; due to a crazy concert schedule, an effort to make plans for next year, and because of my personal life, of course! I’ve been taking a ton of pictures, so I’ll use them to tell the last chapter of my “Year in Sweden” story…which has turned into my “First Year in Sweden” story (but more on that later!!)

A few weekends ago, Arvid and I attended an event called a ‘sittning’ at the student union. Sittnings are formal dinners that are held periodically at universities. They are similar to just a formal dance hosted by a sorority or organization, but there is much more group involvement in the Swedish version.

This ‘Vårsittning” (spring formal) was hosted by my two friends Sanna and Karin, and it had a ‘prom’ theme! They asked me for some advice, and it was so much fun reminiscing about my high school prom experiences (haha, yes…that’s plural, because I went to prom 3 times…I was such a crazy kid!) I told them that the most important elements would be an overall theme (usually based on a popular song), a color pallet, a balloon arch, and a vote for king and queen. I think that they did a great job!

The entrance to Kåren decorated for the event
My date!
during dinner there is a lot of singing (very typical over here)...I was trying to keep up!
Arvid was nominated for prom king!!!
with Sarah and Astrid
Everyone having a good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment