13.6.10

First Fish

One weekend this month was spent at Arvid's family's summer house. (The same place that we spent Easter...but it looks much different without all the ice and snow!) I thought the plan was to just spend Saturday with his parents...good company and some good food. I didn't realize I'd be responsible for catching the food!

After a lovely afternoon of relaxing and taking a long walk though the woods with Arvid's mom, I was informed that we would be going fishing to catch a fish for dinner! A "put and take" lake close by and they said it was about time that I learn. At this lake you just pay the owners, then fish for your dinner and take it home. The amount of fish in that area of the lake is regulated, so it's pretty easy to get one.
There was still a little snow on the ground! in MAY!!
Arvid gets my fishing pole ready
After a few tries, and a few foul words later...I got one! I didn't realize that it wouldn't die right away and freaked out a little when Arvid's dad had to beat it. They said I handled it like any 6 year old would. :)
Arvid's mom handed me my catch....needless to say, I wasn't ready for it!
Arvid caught one too! he's kinda good at it!
mine was bigger!
what a team!
Time to prepare our fresh catch!
Arvid and his dad BBQin' dinner
mmmmmmmmm
After dinner we played Cube, an old Viking game (the outdoor game equivalent to Cornhole)
I like this place :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment