16.3.10

visiting and leaving

I’m really excited because I just skyped with my Aunt Betsy...and she is definitely visiting in April/May! We’ve been chatting about the idea for a bit, and are solidifying the details now. It means a lot to me that she is making the effort to fly all the way over here. I can’t wait to show her what I’ve learned about Sweden and share this experience with a loved one. We’re going to spend a few days in Stockholm, take a cruise to Helsinki, and then spend a few days in Piteå. Thanks, Aunt B, you’re the best!

Today has been filled with a lot of random meetings, rehearsals, and lessons to keep me busy. I headed into school early this morning to practice and get organized for the trip to Stockholm/Austria/Germany. I chatted with Daniel and we are going to try and book a concert and recording session for the end of May. It’s good that we are making some decisions on repertoire because it helps me focus my practicing and composing. I also met with a few other musicians about various projects, and it’s going to be a very busy April and May…rather be too busy than bored!

Earlier this evening, The Brit (Lou), The Swede (Anna), and The American (Me, duh) had our final weeknight gathering at Ankars. It was pretty sad, but hysterical as always. Lou made a cloudkaka (sper yummy chocolate cake…whoops, the whole “no sugar during Lent” thing didn’t really work out!), and we ate it sitting on the floor, gossiping like little girls, and trying to cope with the idea that a large chapter of our Piteå life will soon come to an end. I cried a little when we talked about her leaving this weekend and reminisced about all the silly things we’ve done the past 6 months. It’s amazing how many memories can be made in such a short period of time. Oh man, I need to stop writing about this because it’s making me way too sad!!

On a happier note…I did inherit half of Lou’s wardrobe because it won’t fit in her luggage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment