15.3.10

Happy Monday

Even though nothing too exciting happened today, this is my attempt to get back in the habit of writing more often. Life is getting much more routine based, and the daily experiences don’t seem as exciting as they did when I first arrived. But, I guess I’ll look back on this blog and want to know what happened on Monday, March 15, 2010. So, here is my “Monday play-by-play”!

I had a laundry date with Anna this morning at 7am. I knew I was more likely to actually get out of bed if I knew she’d be there too. Predictably, I did go back to sleep while I waited to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. Haha…still, I’m starting the week off with a bunch of clean underwear, so the early wake up call was worth it!

After doing my laundry I was in a productive mode, so I did all of my dishes and cleaned my apartment. Then, I packed my lunch and went up to school so I could eat with everyone. I know it’s kind of lame, but it was better than eating alone!

Anna and I decided to go to the Red Cross after lunch because it was a beautiful, sunny day and I was in need of a new pair of pants. Of course, we found a few nice items, chatted with the workers (because they still recognize us…) and spent another hour walking around town.

Around 3pm I had to meet my friend Igor (from Ukraine) because we had to create a dialogue in Swedish to perform in our Swedish class on Wednesday. It’s fun to speak the language, but I still get self-conscious. I know I get better when I practice, but it’s just so easy to speak English! I blame my friends for not being hard enough on me!

The rest of the night was spent picking up some groceries, gmail chatting with mom (I’m so proud of her for figuring that out!), working on the doctoral application, and organizing the next few weeks. Anders called to talk a little more about the gig this weekend and trip next week. I’m getting so excited about it for so many reasons!

I know this wasn’t the most exciting blog entry…

But, this morning I did find 20kr on the sidewalk. Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment