3.12.09

An American in Paris!

Well...not just one American...but MANY Americans! This trip was even better than I could have imagined. Seeing Kana and Morgann from Ohio State, and then the majority of the Eastman Percussion Studio in such an amazing city was such a wonderful experience! I think I could write for ages about the whole trip, but will just share a few pictures to give you an idea of the insanity that was the past two weeks of my life!

The trip began with 5 days in Stockholm. I spent a ton of time with Tove and Emma. We went to the premiere of "New Moon" (not good, but really entertaining!), shopped, baked, and ate! I had a fabulous time with them, and really feel like one of the family...which is the best feeling ever! This is a picture of us outside the huge gingerbread house in Central Station in Stockholm.



We made cookies and did a lot of Christmas-y things!


Then, it was off to Paris! I had to take a 1.5 hour bus ride to the airport, because I was flying RyanAir (a really cheap airline!) The traveling went really smoothly. Kana gave me detailed directions for the Metro once I arrived in Paris. I was a little nervous to navigate through the city by myself, but I'm a smart chick, and figured it out! Morgann was waiting for me because Kana was at work. We chatted and walked around until Kana was home.

When I heard Morgann's voice shout my name, I flipped out...first because it was in English, and second because I haven't seen her in over 2 years!

Walking around with the girls...the lights were so pretty!

Notre Dame was incredible. We listened to the Mass for a bit, and took communion. I actually started to cry a little bit, just reflecting on how lucky I've been to experience such great things. Wow, it gets to me just thinking about it right now!

Kana and Morgann

Eiffel Tower!! it was so huge! Plus, since it's her 120th birthday, they do an amazing light show every hour. We got there just in time to see it, on accident!

View outside of Kana's apartment....so Parisian!


Out shopping in the morning before I have to leave for the percussion festival

Thanksgiving Dinner with the Eastman percusion studio in Paris. I have a TON to be thankful for!

Professor Burritt and our super cool waiter!

Then it was time to walk to the Eiffel Tower, and go to the top. Our perfect plans were spoiled by the rain....and man, did it pour! Although some may have turned back to take shelter, we all powered through and were drenched...it was a ton of laughs, and even more memorable than if we would have been dry!

Annie, Amy, and I right before the rain started...

And....we're soaked!

The rain stopped when we got back to the ground, of course! The moon looked amazing too!

We did a lot of sight-seeing inbetween the concerts and my work schedule. Annie, Sean and I ran over to the Louvre one afternoon...


Nutella and banana crepe! Yummy!

We went out on the town everynight. I will spare you of those crazy pictures! But, this one is fun. Chris and I outside of the Moulin Rouge the last night. It was so sad to have to say goodbye to everyone!

The ESMers left on Monday morning, and since my flight wan't until the evening, I decided to do some solo sight-seeing, which I thoroughly enjoyed! I went up to Sacre Coeur...a very artisty district, beautiful church and amazing view of the city!



I can't believe that the trip is over, since I was looking forward to it so much! Reuniting with some of my best friends made me realize how important it is to keep in touch with and support those that mean so much to me. No matter where we are in the world, they know and accept the real me, which is all a friend can ask! It also gave me motivation to create opportunities to play with them...because I sure so miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Maria! There's a crepe place downtown in Cincinnati. It's pretty yummy. I don't know if they taste as good as the ones in Paris, but it's all us non world-travelers got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to see you!!!! Isnt it so amazying... how our lives all play out... :) Until next time... :) Gros bisous!
    Happy Holiday seasons!

    ReplyDelete