4.2.12

Just a bit chilly

One downfall of living 100km south of the arctic circle: it's COLD!! It is supposed to stay between -30º and -40ºC (-22º to -40ºF) for the next few days. This may deter many from daily tasks...but not here. Just bundle up, and go about your normal business! 

Every Saturday I go to the gym for two classes, Bodypump and Spinning. I cancelled my Friday workout because I was too tired and lazy to put on so many layers of clothes to walk all the way in town. So, when I woke up this morning, I gave myself a big pep talk and convinced myself to make the 25 minute trek to the gym, regardless of the plummeting temperature. I'm definitely glad I did because the workout out was great! However, the excursion did call for some embarrassing photos...

Ready to go! 
Pair of leggings, sweatpants, and snow pants. Tank top, long sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, huge parka coat. Neck warmer, scarf. Funny fur hat that ties around my chin. Mittens. Fuzzy socks. Boots. 
**change into work out clothes at the gym to make sure clothes are dry on way back!**

8am view from my place
Typically, the sky is clear and sunny when it is so cold! 

and...this is what I looked like after being outside for 20 minutes. Frozen face!

Now, I'm cuddled up in my snuggie (yes...I made room in my luggage to bring it from home!) and my computer. Going to do some work, then pile on some layers to go up to the studio to practice. What have I learned from today? Nothing should stop me from my Saturday workout...and I should probably move farther away from the Arctic circle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment