24.10.10

Nygatan 34

Arvid and I have lived in our new place for about 2 months now, and it really does feel like home! Moving-in was a bit stressful (when is moving not annoying!), but we got through it all, and are in love with our new pad!

A few photos from the move.... 
 First....we needed to pack up Arvid and Alex's apartment in Uppsala. 3 boys + 4 years = 1 messy place!
 Loading the trailer...getting ready for the 8 hour drive to Norrbotten!
 BFF's are sad to be apart. I am a home wrecker! :)
Pit stop during the drive! (I probably had to pee)

We arrived in Skellefteå on Sunday night, but had to return the van by 8am the next day. So, we stayed the night at Arvid's parents house, then got up early on Monday to make the hour drive to Piteå. We unloaded the truck in about 30 minutes (just the 2 of us). Arvid had to return to Skellefteå to return the trailer, and I stayed to start unpacking...then the real FUN began! :)

 Our building! our windows and balcony are in the back 
The kitched is the first thing you see when you walk in...and now it looks a lot better!
the large living room is so nice! We really didn't have that much stuff, I couldn't wait to fill it up! 
 I LOVE the windows. We still don't have curtains, and I'm ok with it! (hope our neighbors enjoy the show!)
 Balcony! part of it is glassed in! I can't wait until the Spring! 
 Oh, how I love Swedish bathrooms. :-( I miss shower stalls and bathtubs! but, I'm not complaining!
 We bought a new coffee maker right away! 
 our view!!
 our first night together in our new place!
 a new beginning....
 "organized" living room...can't wait to get furniture!
We kept the table from Arvid's old place. For a couple weeks it acted as a work station too. I was checking out the IKEA website while eating dinner!
 Arvid's farmor och farfar (grandparents on his dad's side)  gave us thier couch and chair! We were so thankful! they are really comfy, plus I was able to use the fabric to plan our colors, which was helpful during the big IKEA run!
 I have never had so much fun at IKEA. I'm proud of us for doing our homework, and knowing what we wanted before we went. We spent the entire day at the store, and would have had to spend a week there without the planning! I couldn't wait to get home and put everything together!
 All the kitchen stuff
 I am now a Master Ikea Assembler!
 The big shelf
 We are nerds. We bought our desks before we bought a bed. seriously.
IKEA IKEA IKEA everywhere!
 It's starting to look like a room!
 Our coffee and tea station :)
Floating dish drying rack. so cool!
 LOOK! no computers on the table! woohoo!
 My desk with all my things
 IKEA run no. 2 (it's about 2 hours away)! We needed a few more things, plus I had to get all the supplies for the new exchange students at the school (for my job...I'll write about that soon!)
 The car was filled! we had so much fun shopping for the students...it's not everyday you get to buy 6 of everything at IKEA.
 Thanks for your help, RV!
 When we got home, Anna and Lou were there! Lou was visiting from England, so I gave them a key. It was time for a house warming get together...but first, we put them to work!
 I love the red and black combo :-)
 mmmmm.....I felt like my Piteå family was all together! It was a lovely night!
Cozy 

The apartment has become more like home everyday, but this is what the first few weeks were like! We expect visiters (hint, hint!) :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment