7.4.10

Summer Plans

When I got back to Piteå Sunday, I received an email from Alexa, the orchestra manager from the Baltic Youth Philharmonic. It stated that I made the orchestra! So, this summer I'll be playing and traveling with young musicians from northern Europe and Scandinavia. I'm so excited!


The orchestra doesn't meet the entire summer, so I will hopefully have a chance to go home to the US at some point. I also hope to visit Anna's home in southern Sweden (she's a farmer's daughter and promises that if I stay with them for a bit, I'll be put to work!). Anders and Anne invited me to their summer home in Gotland as well...so this summer is looking quite amazing!!!

The downside of making plans right now is that I won't know if I got into the Doctorial program here in Piteå until mid-end of May! Ugh! That's such a long time to wait, and I would really like to know where I'll be spending the next few years...not just to plan it physically, but to prepare mentally for being away from home. I’m trying to tell myself to just live each day as it comes, and not worry about the future too much. It’s easier said then done…but I am just trying to focus on all the amazing opportunities that are unraveling in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment